This past Saturday, Hollywood lost another star, actor Paul Walker, best known for his work in the Fast and the Furious movies. Many fans and celebrities shared their condolences on their social media accounts. Some news outlets have been tricked by fake accounts and using them as sources. A fake Facebook account claiming it was Walker’s daughter’s account was made and posting on how she was grieving with the situations. Unfortunately, the news outlets fell into the trap and referenced the account to later find out it was fake. I was in awe to see the accessibility that we have through technology and media to complete such actions. Not only has it allowed us to deceive the news outlets but it has provide us with a new form to cope with loss. It has given us the opportunity to share our thoughts with others on situations like this and in a sense pay our respects.
- Monday Memo: Welcome back! - eepurl.com/cxze_5 1 year ago
- Monday Memo: Foley Symposium Starts Tonight - eepurl.com/cfUF4j 1 year ago
- Monday Memo: - Spring Registration Starts Thursday eepurl.com/bEDXMn 2 years ago
- Monday Memo: - Writing Workshop Today at 4 eepurl.com/bDPPWz 2 years ago
- Monday Memo: Join Mona Eltahawy Today - eepurl.com/bC3VMr 2 years ago