I just recently read up on Amazon’s Prime Air, which is a drone that will deliver products bought on Amazon to people’s homes. At first, I was amazed that this is even possible, but the more I thought about, the more I wondered if it really could work. What if the drone broke mid-delivery? Or some kids thought it would be cool to knock one out of the air somehow? Also, this would take a lot of truck drivers’ jobs away, which obviously wouldn’t be good. But at the same time, would Amazon lower shipping costs because of that? A major issue Amazon is dealing with right now is their worker’s poor morale and adding this drone will only make things worse. It’s fascinating how this new innovative technology brings up more questions than it answers and I am interested to see how this all unfolds and whether drones really will be delivering our products in a couple of years.
- Monday Memo: Welcome back! - eepurl.com/cxze_5 9 months ago
- Monday Memo: Foley Symposium Starts Tonight - eepurl.com/cfUF4j 1 year ago
- Monday Memo: - Spring Registration Starts Thursday eepurl.com/bEDXMn 2 years ago
- Monday Memo: - Writing Workshop Today at 4 eepurl.com/bDPPWz 2 years ago
- Monday Memo: Join Mona Eltahawy Today - eepurl.com/bC3VMr 2 years ago