I stumbled upon a few of the same shared links on Facebook, proving that traffic to a link puts it on more people’s newsfeeds, a useful tactic of social media. The link led me to a blog called Return of Kings with an appalling article-type post entitled ‘5 Reasons to Date a Girl With An Eating Disorder.’ At first, I wasn’t sure if it was real, but as I read on, the arguments seemed to get more legitimate as they went on. Even if the blogger meant for it to be some sort of sick joke, it was not. This goes to show that crazy things can be posted to sites that might have a good reputation and then spoil that reputation. I had never heard of the site before, but it is basically a blog for men. I think this puts a negative light on men’s moral values because there are some guys out there who believe in different sorts of degradation of women, some believe it jokingly, but posting about it on the internet can have negative effects on those who read it. The internet has little censorship, especially in this aspect, so it is important to know when to question the validity and morality of what you are reading, especially if it is on a blog that anyone can post on.
- Monday Memo: Welcome back! - eepurl.com/cxze_5 7 months ago
- Monday Memo: Foley Symposium Starts Tonight - eepurl.com/cfUF4j 11 months ago
- Monday Memo: - Spring Registration Starts Thursday eepurl.com/bEDXMn 1 year ago
- Monday Memo: - Writing Workshop Today at 4 eepurl.com/bDPPWz 1 year ago
- Monday Memo: Join Mona Eltahawy Today - eepurl.com/bC3VMr 1 year ago